Voting

Thursday, November 4, 2010

every morning.

Every morning before Jakie jumps out of the truck to head to the playground, he gives me a kiss. 
Every morning Jakie tries to get away without giving Jared a kiss. 
Every morning Jared yells, "Cakie!  Whaaa bout me?!  Gimme ah kith too!  An a hug, I wan hug!"
Every morning we laugh :)
Every morning Jakie waves goodbye and double checks to make sure the door is shut all the way.
Every morning we drive away and Jared, in his sweet, calm, loving voice says, "I lubb him so much Mommy." 
Every morning I reply, "Me too bebe.  I lubb him so much.  Just like you." 




I'll be sad when these days are over.  The day Jakie's too big to kiss me because his friends might see.  The day he refuses to kiss or hug his baby brother because he gets on his nerves.  The day he calls me MOM because he's "way too big" to call me Mommy.  My heart aches just thinking about it!  So for now, I'll soak it up.  I will gladly have the same thing happen over and over again every morning that we drop off Jakie at school.  Because before I know it...these days will be over.  Before I'm ready for it.   Eventually, every morning he'll get out of the car and not look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment