Voting

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday

No alarm this morning since we knew Jakie wasn't going to school.  I thought for sure his bug had passed.  But was going to keep him home just be safe.  Guess I thought too soon.  Came out of my room and he was laying on the recliner.  In pain.  Again.  To the bath we went.  Jared soon woke up and found his way to the bathroom. 

Jared: Mommy, why Cake cwying?

Me: Because his tummy hurts.

Jared: Oh Mommy, my bew-wee  hurting TOOOOOO!  I need take bathey with Cake.  Ohhhhhhh (as he's holding his tummy)

Me: You're a big ol' faker boy!  Get in :)

Jared: Oh yeth!  Thith gunna be tho awe-thum!

Oh this boy makes me laugh, especially with his lisp.  I love his excitement over the small stuff.  He even made Jakie laugh.  Or should I say, he even made Cake laugh :)Which at this point I thought was impossible with his aching tummy. 

Bath time was over and Jakie was still hurting.  Back to bed he went.  Naked.  Didn't even want to get dressed.  I didn't force him.  His comforter was his clothing for now.  Twenty minutes later, he was out.  For two hours.  He woke up with a smile on his face and said the nap made him all better :)

We ended the day with chinese take-out and the boys had a short amount of outside time before dark.

Before I knew it Jared was headed back inside to go and sit in the "naughty spot" for telling Jakie to "shut up".  I wonder who he learned that from???  Oh.  Right.  ME!  Yes, I admit it.  I (often) tell our pup Roxy to "Shut up Rox!" I now (try) to say "Hush Rox!" 

So here he is.  Poor baby.  And of course the worst part is, while he was sitting there he kept saying, "Mommy, I wanna be happy now.  I wanna ride my quad.  MOMMY!  I WANNA BE HAPPY NOW!"  Jason and I looked at each other and laughed.  Then I felt a sudden surge of guilt.  This poor boy was sitting in the naughty spot because of his naughty Mommy!  Shame, shame, shame on ME.


My guilt got him out of that spot early.  Good work, Jared. 

He then gave us a good laugh with his choice of shoes.


Back outside because he was ready to be "happy" again.



I love how much Jakie loves this boy.  Nine times out of ten when Jared asks for something Jakie jumps up before Jason and I can even attempt to get to him.  Such a good big brother.  Love that :)



Update:
Jakie seems to be over his weird sick bug.  BUT, I thought the same thing yesterday evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment