Voting

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

happy anniversary

Today Jason and I celebrated 9 years of marriage.  9 years.  My gravy, where has the time gone?  I was a young 19 and he was 27.  Talk about an age gap!  But, it works for us. I'm often asked, why did you get married so young?  My answer: Because when you know, you know.  I was in love.  Head over heels in love {with a guy that I couldn't stand after our first date. guess he grew on me :)} So, my thinking was, why wait?  Does it work for everyone?  Negative.  Would I be horrified if one of my boys wanted to get married at 19?  Absolutely.  Would I be horrified if my 27 year old son wanted to marry a 19 year old girl?  Clearly!  Truthfully, I think there were a few people in my family who thought our next announcement would be that I was pregnant.  No way.   No way was I ready for that.   I wanted it.  But not yet.  I think my parents just knew we were right for eachother. It was obviously a little harder for my Dad to swallow, but he managed and gave us his complete support.  We never had the crazy break-up, get back together, off and on relationship and I think my Mom and Dad saw that. That kind of relationship wasn't for me. I knew what I wanted and he just happened to fall right in my lap ...at a really young age.


**Disclaimer: A photo of Jason and I was supposed to be inserted here, but Blogger is having issues**
The picture wasn't that great anyway.  We took it at 9p and you can see "tired" written all over my face.


I'm so thankful for this wonderful, kind, generous, and thoughtful man.  Especially thankful for his patience with me.  I might just be a wee bit stubborn :) But he loves me for me.  Excepts me for me.  Flaws and all. Supports me in all I do, and has always been my biggest fan.  I hope he knows how much I appreciate him.  I love him. A LOT.  More than words can express.  I'd be lost without him.  For sure.  He completes me ♥

--And since I know you're reading this...Happy Anniversary Lovey.  I can't wait to spend the next 50+ years with you.  I love you.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment