Voting

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day fourteen.

Is it really already December 14th?  For real?!  December needs to slow. his. roll.  Going much too fast!

Jared and I went to Wal-Mart today after we dropped off Jakie. I asked him if he wanted to walk or get in the cart.  He chose to walk.  I usually always give him the option since he's a pretty good listener.  He had the cutest little older Asian couple oogling over him in the parking lot.  They couldn't get enough of him and didn't want him to go.  It was the cutest thing.  I wanted to bring them home with me :) And even though most of the time Jared acts shy, he loves it.  
Then, we got in the store and there was more oogling by random shoppers.  I'm not sure what it is about this boy but everyone seems to be so smitten with him.  Including us :)
We walked down every toy aisle and he pushed as many buttons as he could.  Trying to make everything go off simultaneously.  He got a real kick out of himself when he had four trucks going off at once.


We left the toys to head to the "bideo gameth" (video games) but there was only one console that had a game that you could actually play and it was being hogged up used by a boy that wasn't about to walk away anytime soon.  So, we carried on with our shopping. 

Tonight I worked on (homemade) Christmas gifts and Jakie asked if he could help.  Certainly!  Love that he likes to get crafty with me :)


Helping me got his "creative juices" flowing and he ended up ditching my project and started one of his own.  I'm thinking he'll be right back in the same spot tomorrow afternoon when he gets home from school to finish up.


Michael had finals today and he didn't do so well.  We had a chat at the kitchen table tonight.  Don't think he enjoyed it but I think he's starting to get something out of them now.  He's no longer shutting down when Jason and I get "that tone" in our voice.  I think he's had enough time to adjust to life with the Adams Family.  Next semester will be different.  He won't have a choice.  His adjustment period has come to an end.  Time to make it happen!  It's a tough situation to be in.  Switching from the Aunt and Uncle role to the parent role.  It's just as hard for him as it is for us, I know.  But, as hard as it is for us I know it's even harder for Monica.  She did the right thing.  I pray, that deep down in her soul, she knows that.  And most nights, I'm praying for the same exact thing for myself and Jason.

It's 10:28p I need to get myself in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment