Voting

Friday, October 8, 2010

the dreaded flu shot

Today Jakie had a Doctor's Appointment for a follow up on his Asthma.  Things looked pretty much like this before SHE came in the room.  Jacob quietly drawing a picture of an alien in my notebook.  My notebook that has random funny/cute things that he says, my thoughts and hopes for him, little things he draws.  Basically just stuff.  (I keep one for Jared too).  ...All was quiet and happy before the doctor came in.  Jakie was drawing and Jared was playing with his monster truck and Bat-Ban (Batman).




Then SHE came in.  Suddenly Jared decided that he was ready to go and he wanted to make sure I knew it.  It went a little something like this:

Jared: Mommy, Mommy, Mommy??  MOMMY YOU TALK AH ME!!!  MOMMY?!

Me: Jared, STOP.  I'm talking to the doctor right now.  We'll leave in a few minutes OK?

Jared: Mommy I want my LUNCH.

Me: We didn't bring your lunch in Bebe.  It's in the truck.  We'll get it when we're done with the doctor.

Jared: NOW we go Mommy???

Me: Not yet.

Jared: NOWWW?

Me: No words...Just showing him my counting fingers thinking, I really hope he doesn't let me get to five because if I do I'm totally screwed.  What the heck will I do while the doctor is in here?!

Jared: *Silent by the time I put my third finger up*

Me: Doing a happy dance in my head.  Haleluyer!  Love that that actually works!

I'm still not sure how I managed to have a conversation with the doctor but, I did.  Jacob will stay on the steroid inhaler for another 3 months, then he'll go back for another check up and we'll discuss how we'll go about taking him off of it. 

All was fine at this point.  Then that word came out of her mouth...SHOT.  Great.  I see tears filling Jacob's eyes almost instantly. 

After she walked out things looked like this:




Poor boy.  I tried my very best to take his mind off of the dreaded Flu Shot that was on it's way and reminded him of how brave he was when he had his blood drawn and he didn't even cry.  Didn't work too well so we quickly moved on.  Back to the notebook we went.  I asked him what his alien's name was.  What he liked to do.  What he liked to eat...

This is what he wrote:

joe came from the moon.  he is silly and he eats eyeballs.  He likes to run.




After that was over we all shared a barrell of laughs when Jared sent ME to the Naughty Spot after he counted to five because I didn't do what ever it was that he wanted.  I obeyed and went to the corner of the room.  Boy did he get a kick out of that one!  Then after my time was up he called me over to him and I told him I was "ready to be happy" as he always screams out to me while he's sitting in the Naughty Spot at home.  He gave me a frown and said, "Now you tell Cake sorry."  I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Soon after that the nurse came in with the shot and it was over before he knew it.  After she walked out he laughed and said, "I did all that crying for nothing Mommy!  That was just a little poke!!"  Yes sweet boy.  That's what I have been trying to tell you for the last 10 minutes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment