Voting

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mom of the Year

I'm convinced that there will always be someone sick in this house.  And the second I think there's not, I know it will creep back in just as soon as I sigh that BIG sigh of relief.

Jared was up all night last night.  I can't count the amount of times he came into my room or the amount of times I walked him back to his room to tuck him in and said, "No more Jared, it's ni-night time.  Stay in your bed."  I haven't had a night of full sleep without him waking me up at least five times (in one night!) for a week straight.  I was out of patience and totally sleep deprived by last night.  Everytime he came in he told me he wanted to lay with me.  I repeatedly said no.  It's my pet peeve.  I want them in their own beds.  Not mine.  I've always been that way.  I'm mean, I know.  I don't need you to tell me that.  I tell myself enough.  But, if they're sick?  Totally different story.  It's like musical beds in this house when the littles are sick.

At 4:30a, just after I finally fell asleep Jason woke me up telling me Jared was burning up with a fever and he gave him medicine.  What?!  He's sick???  Again???  Just when I thought it was over.  And to think, I've been sending him back to his room repeatedly, all night.  Wow, I feel just great.  Don't everyone jump up at once to present me with the Mother of the Year Award. 

So, in my bed he came and off the couch Jason went.  I cuddled and loved and rubbed on Jared for the next hour or so until his meds kicked in and he was finally able to rest.  He slept straight through to 8:30 before he got up and I was so exhausted I didn't even feel him crawl out of bed.  Jason took on morning duty while I slept until 9:30!  Sleep I desperately needed.  Bless that sweet husband of mine for picking up the ball just as I drop it.  He's pretty great :)

Other than that, it was a typical Sunday in our home.  Football and resting with a little cleaning and organizing in my bedroomAhhhh, organizing.  That's like music to my ears. 

Hoping for a restful night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment