Voting

Monday, October 25, 2010

this boy...


is three years old.  His name is Jared.  His middle name should have been Handful, because that's what he is.  He makes me laugh.  Everyday.  Some days he makes me want to cry.  On special days he'll make me do both. 

Today was a "special day".

The laughing part:

He was SO happy today when we left to pick up Jacob because the sun started to peek out from behind the clouds.  This boy, LOVES the sun.  "Mommy!!  The thun ith awake!  Him awake!  He not ni-night anymore!!!  Him AWAAAAAAKE!  I lubb the thun Mommy.  Him tho nithe."
In Jared language:
thun = sun
ith = is
lubb = love
tho = so
nithe = nice

The crying part:

We've been having some issues with someone hitting his big brother.  All of the time.  Most of the time because he isn't getting his way.  So, today he was sent to the Naughty Spot.  Three times.  All within a half hour.  The last time he had to go he had a total meltdown.  Screaming, kicking, hitting the wall, more screaming.  It went a little something like this:

"MOMMY!  MOMMY!!  TALK AH ME!!  I TALKING TO YOUUUUUU!  MOMMMMMMMYYYYY!!!!!  AHHHHHHH!  MOMMY!  TALK AH MEEEE!!!  I NEED HUG!  I READY TO BE HAPPY NOW!!!!  MOMMY!!  I HAPPY NOOOOWWWW!!"  Guess what Mommy did.  Sat myself down on the couch and acted like I didn't hear a thing.  Like there was nothing at all going on.  Crying?  Who's crying?  I don't hear any crying.  Ha!  Yea right!  I wanted to cry right along with him.  But, he needed it.  And because of his craziness, he ended up sitting in the Naughty Spot for about ten minutes.  Instead of his usual three.  Way to go, Jared.  Thank goodness Jason wasn't home.  He can't do the whole ignoring thing. 




This boy is cute, funny, determined, stubborn, occasionally naughty, and a handful.  But, an absolute joy to have around.  This boy is loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment